Power Parties is a movement to get together to save power to save the planet.
Your events can save power by:
1) Reminders on your invitations to turn down power before coming out
2) Organising your party to use less power
3) Raising awareness of power-saving through your event
How can you get involved?
1) Have more parties, even just with one friend
2) Badge your event as a Power Party. Upload your designs for Power Parties invitations to this group on http://www.flickr.com/groups/powerparties
3) Share your ideas and news on this blog. (Look at the posts in the Archive for some news.)
How did the idea start?
I have a lot of ideas but I usually just talk about them. When I had the idea for Power Parties I thought I would put it into action, using a blog and a Flickr group and see if it would catch on. I’d love to see people sharing creative ways of using the contemporary arts, science communication, radical technology or community engagement to make their Power Parties a success. But even if you just decide to pop round to a friend’s house to watch TV together, it would make a change. If you would like to make regular posts as an editor please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org, or feel free to leave a comment.